The University of New Haven is hosting the GenCyber Teacher Academy. This FREE professional development opportunity targets 9th-12th grade high school teachers with STEM backgrounds who are interested in applying cybersecurity concepts in their classrooms. Prior knowledge of computing and cybersecurity is not required.
Teacher applicants must:
- By the time of application be a teacher in a public, private, or charter high school in the Northeast.
- Be able to participate for the full week of camp in addition to remote pre- and post-camp activities
- Provide proof of employment at a high school shortly before the pre-summer camp activities
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident
Participant teachers will benefit from:
- $1500 Stipend (Upon completion of the program activities)
- Free Chromebook
- Lesson plans (Developed with support from our Lead Instructor and K-12 Pedagogical Expert)
- Certificate of Completion
- Free membership to the GenCyber Teacher Academy Learning Community (GTALC)
Application Deadline – April 15th, 2023